(Anon is referring to this post)
K. M. Claude and Roachpatrol are missing the point. When people complain about sexualization, they’re complaining about:
- People, particularly marginalized people, being oversexualized and reduced to fetish objects.
- Portraying harmful things such as rape, pedophilia, or incest as sexy.
- I’d like to remind people that both Claude and Roach have made pornographic fiction about minors being sexually abused. Claude has also created a lot of rape/incest-themed porn involving their adult characters.
Content warnings for explicit pedophilia, sexual depictions of children, child abuse, rape, sexual abuse, blood, gore, necrophilia, and incest, as well as harassment, bullying, self-harm, victim-shaming/survivor-shaming, transphobia, transmisogyny, dyadism¹ᵃ/perisexism¹ᵇ, and misgendering.
I. Fetishizes children and child abuse
II. Defends pedophiles and pedophilia
- Believes children can abuse adults.
- This is a common argument used by child abusers to justify harming their victims.
- Thinks it’s okay for adults to be attracted to 15- and 16-year-olds.
- Also thinks 13-year-olds should be allowed to view Claude’s porn.
- Believes it’s ableist to shame pedophiles for their desires.
- Also believes that pedophilia is a mental illness.
- According to the DSM-5, pedophiles only qualify as mentally ill if they feel genuine remorse for their attraction to children. Since most pedophiles don’t feel bad about these desires, they aren’t considered mentally ill simply for being pedophiles.
- Compares pedophilia to asexuality.
- Also this.
III. Nasty Fetishes
IV. Belittles and bullies their critics
¹ᵃ¹ᵇ – Dyadism/perisexism refers to prejudice/discrimination/oppression directed at intersex people.
Frankly it’s the similar ass backwards logic that says men are always the agressors or that women can never abuse/rape a man. It’s this idea that one demographic group by virtue of being in that demographic can never do wrong. Which is…really…fucked up, to be honest. It’s how really heinous abuse goes unreported – because the victim is seen as incapable of being a victim by virtue of their mere being (with contrast to their abuser). Hell, why you think clergymen in many religions get away with illicit sex? Because we socially want to believe that by virtue of the profession or vocation they would NEVER, would somehow be UNABLE to. It’s dangerous thinking to presume some group is inherently predisposed to be an abuser or to be abused (exclusively, no overlap!) by virtue of age, race, gender, sexuality, profession, etc. That’s how you get abusers flying under the radar.
Sorry but a child cannot abuse or rape an adult. That is literally an excuse used by child abusers and rapists to justify harming their victims. Also, having a mental illness/being neurodivergent, being a survivor of trauma, or being disabled doesn’t justify abusing or raping minors (or anyone else for that matter).